Wednesday 10 June 2009

Iraq War Series (part 2)


'The River' (23/11/2007) dimensions 10 x 15 cm. Oil on Board

Most of the paintings that I have made in this group took approximately 4 months to paint. I worked on them all at once going between them, this helped me not stagnate on any particular painting.

This group of paintings is intended to be hung together, relatively closely so as to form a large group. By grouping smaller images into a large mass, I wanted to show what I felt was the huge mass of unseen and hidden evidence of abuses taking place in Iraq and Afghanistan. This was intended to be displayed opposite a single painting, in a slightly more tongue and cheek style based upon propaganda imagery. 


'Detention' (27/11/2007) Dimensions 15 x 10 cm. Oil and linseed paste on board.


'Teeming' (9/12/2007) Dimensions 15 x 10 cm. Oil on board.


'Hospitalized Child' (5/12/2007) Dimensions 15 x 10 cm. Oil on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.andrew-smith-artist.co.uk/